Hi Mohit, There are some similarities but Warbler covers some more scenarios like Jarbler, e.g. Warbler supports servlet engines with war-files. Jarbler is strictly mentioned for direct execution of Ruby code by the jruby jars within the same JVM instance that you start with „java -jar . .“. So the main driver for developing Jarbler was the unavailability of Warbler for recent JRuby versions in the past. I hope this answers your questions. Best regards Peter Von meinem iPad gesendet
Am 23.11.2025 um 14:04 schrieb Mohit Sindhwani via ruby-talk <ruby-talk@ml.ruby-lang.org>:
Hi Peter,
Pack a Ruby application into an executable jar file. Jarbler creates a self executing Java jar file containing a Ruby application and all its Gem dependencies. The included Ruby program is directly executed inside the JVM using the JRuby runtime jars.
I think I remember you struggling with Warbler at some point - is this essentially similar, or are there key differences? The JRuby team also recently did a lot of work to make Warbler usable again.
Best regards, Mohit.
______________________________________________ ruby-talk mailing list -- ruby-talk@ml.ruby-lang.org To unsubscribe send an email to ruby-talk-leave@ml.ruby-lang.org ruby-talk info -- https://ml.ruby-lang.org/mailman3/postorius/lists/ruby-talk.ml.ruby-lang.org...