Issue #21949 has been updated by Eregon (Benoit Daloze). hsbt (Hiroshi SHIBATA) wrote in #note-7:
The fact that Matz is the maintainer means that development is done in agreement with the committers.
I see, that was/is unclear to me, notably because development of `timeout` happens on GitHub (not on this issue tracker) and does not seem to require much consensus. What is the difference in practice with gems listed [here](https://github.com/ruby/ruby/blob/master/doc/maintainers.md) as "No maintainer"? Some other libs like `socket` have `API change needs matz's approval`, which is clear (and means API changes need an approved ticket on this tracker from matz).
Also, it would be very rude to say "there is no maintainer" when there is a maintainer's name.
I didn't say that, I said in the first sentence:
The timeout gem has currently no official active maintainers
And this is true in the literal sense, matz himself is not actively maintaining ruby/timeout. To be extra clear, I mean no disrespect to matz or anyone else. --- I feel your quick reject without much explanations is rude, though. Especially when from my POV I think I have addressed matz's concerns. It feels to me like you're trying to prevent to have a conversation on this. ---------------------------------------- Misc #21949: timeout gem maintainers https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/21949#change-116650 * Author: Eregon (Benoit Daloze) * Status: Open ---------------------------------------- The timeout gem has currently [no official active maintainers](https://github.com/ruby/ruby/blob/master/doc/maintainers.md). I would like to propose myself and @nobu (see below) as maintainers of the [timeout](https://github.com/ruby/timeout) gem. I basically rewrote the implementation in https://github.com/ruby/timeout/pull/15 and acted as a maintainer since then by reviewing PRs and replying to issues. I also recently solved all open issues except https://github.com/ruby/timeout/issues/52 (where I have a draft PR to try to solve it and need more time to validate the fix). Among other [recent active contributors](https://github.com/ruby/timeout/graphs/contributors) I see @nobu, would you like to be maintainer of timeout as well? -- https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/